Recovery Week...thank you!

Monday, January 24, 2011

This week is going to be great! A nice easy week, not much hard lifting or hard running/cycling. I have had a lot of things going on the last couple of days so having a down week will be nice. Today was simply a spin with a steady rate, in zone three. For those who are wondering how I calculate what zone I am in, it's pretty easy. I use a heart rate monitor and go from there. The breakdown would be like this

zone 1 - resting HR
zone 2- easy moderate exercise
zone 3- exercise with almost heavy breathing
zone 4- exercise with heavy breathing, but not your max
zone 5- your max HR

I will go into more specifics tomorrow to help you out. I have a nice swim followed by an easy bike. Looking forward to it! 

Til the next...



0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP