A busy day...

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It's been pretty hectic lately, haven't been able to post my progress. Here's what I have been up to lately.

Today's workout consisted of:

New Leg Workout ( A LOT of core incorporated into every exercise)

1- Bosu Balls squats
2- Single Leg Deadlifts (dumbbell or plate for added resistance)
3- Single Leg - Leg Press
4- Standing Single Leg Cable Curls
5- Standing Single Leg Cable Abduction

you notice a theme here? If you have ever tired a standing single leg cable curl you will notice your legs get a workout, but your core is fully engaged and feels like it's on fire! Well if you're doing it right that is.

After this I did some core exercises. V situps, Stability ball pull in's and seated Medicine Ball twists. By the end of this workout I was just toasted. It was great but it wasn't over yet.

I did an interval spin workout after for 30 minutes. Pretty basic, I did some interval sprints (10 seconds on and 10 seconds off). But then also do a few 1 minute sprints as well.  By the end of the workout I was wiped. Couldn't wait to recharge with some food. MMMMMMM Blueberries, mango and some protein on the side!

That was the type of day it has been. Looking forward to tomorrow, got a swim workout and an easy spin to help with active recovery. I'm sure I am going to need it after today's workout! Another reason I am excited for my swim is that I came across a new book today, Triathlon from start to finish. It has some great drills and tips in there. I will go into more detail once I have read more of the book. I am already half way through so hopefully by the weekend I will have it finished and can post some great material.

Like always feel free to share any ideas, comments etc.

Cheers







andontothenext@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP