Slow and Steady ?

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Today was supposed to be my active recovery day. For those of you who don't know Active Recovery is where you work out at 40-50% of your max (either cardio or weights) which in theory helps speed up your recovery time from exercise. Your muscles are building while you rest and sleep, not in the gym, so active recovery is new to me but from my experience so far it's been working out great. I always used to find that taking a week off from the gym and then going back, I was never any stronger. When I did the active recovery week (last year in another program) I found I didn't lose strength but actually maintained/gained. So to each their own take it anyway you want.

I was supposed to do a quick spin and swim only about 30 mins each, but while I was starting my warm up a trainer from The Yorkville Club, Jacopo Stiffani, was spinning and I ended up doing a 40 minute workout with him. It was a great, for a noob like me Jacopo gave me some great pointers and really helped me focus on my form. I told him about my Triathlon training and looks like we might be doing some more spin sessions in the near future.

Now it's off to eat, recover and get ready for tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a little bit of basketball in the morning for a light cardio workout followed by some weights in the evening.


Like always comment if you have any questions, comments etc.
andontothenext@gmail.com

Cheers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP