The wind at my back....I wish!

Friday, May 6, 2011

First off, wow. Went for a ride with some friends on Wednesday morning and it was cold and windy! Pretty sure my hands were frozen for almost the entire ride. I felt great and agreed to go for a nice long ride, but by the end my body was not liking me too much. We ended up cycling 40Km, against the wind (which felt everlasting) and some traffic on the way back.

By the end of the ride, I was spent. But not done, we had also agreed to do a mini run after the bike. I could only muscle out 2km and my legs literally felt like bricks. I guess a "brick run" in my training schedule wasn't lying. lol. 

Nevertheless it was a great ride and run. It wiped me out the next day where I wasn't able to muster out that great of a workout, but just got back from a nice 1km interval swim and it felt great.

200m intervals with 1.5 mins rest. Next time I am going to try to push myself a little more and up the distance but keep the time the same.

Not much else to say right now, can't wait to go to bed. Going to be a nice relaxing weekend ( I hope) but going to the TFC game might put a damper on my training. Yikes..wish me luck!

Til the next


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP