Ride for Japan!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Today I participated in a spin-a-thon fundraiser for Japan earthquake relief. It was a four hour session that was a great workout, and a lot of fun. My partner and I did two hours straight, which for me was perfect for my tri training.

This was my routine on the bike

40 mins steady pace
20 mins interval of 1:1 work:rest ratio
60 mins steady state in zone 3.

I am guessing that my ride will be about two hours on my actual race day, running 10km after this though, yikes it would have definitely been a tough run that's for sure!

Near the end of my ride, my hip flexor was starting to get tender again though, so I was glad it was over. However I'm thinking of going for a nice swim session tonight so I can calm down some of the inflammation and see how my body responds.

if you're wondering how you get to zone three stay tuned, next post I will tell you

until next time

Cheers

Rich

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP